Criminal Defense - Juvenile Defense - Traffic Citations

One of the most terrifying experiences one can encounter is an arrest. Once arrested, you or your loved one is immersed into the criminal justice system. Although our criminal justice system posits that everyone is treated with equality and fairness, one may not feel treated as such.

The accusation of the commission of a crime may have serious ramifications on the quality of life. An arrest record may be generated and be reflected on your background check. If incarcerated on a charge, you may have to post a bond before you can be released from confinement. Under certain circumstances, you may lose the privilege to operate a motor vehicle or be restricted from designated locations. You may even be prohibited from contacting certain individuals. A criminal conviction may carry greater consequences. In the most severe circumstance, you may be incarcerated, fined, and/or lose certain privileges.

Regardless of you or your loved one’s situation, we can help. Whether you are accused of violating a county ordinance or state law, we understand the stakes are high. At Nash Law, you will receive fearless and zealous legal representation.

If you or a loved one is accused of a:

  • Traffic Violation - Under Georgia law, a traffic citation is classified as a misdemeanor. The most common traffic infraction is Speeding.   
  • County Ordinance Violation - A county ordinance is a law created and enforced by the county. Generally, a county ordinance can carry a maximum penalty of sixty days in confinement and up to a $1,000.00 fine. Common county ordinances violations giving rise to court appearances include failure to adhere to animal leash requirements, junk vehicle, trespass, and disorderly conduct.
  • Juvenile Delinquency - Typically, juveniles are prosecuted in the Juvenile Courts. Possible punishment varies depending on the charge alleged. Juvenile courts apply different rules and procedures than Magistrate, State, and Superior Courts.  
  • Misdemeanor - A misdemeanor is punishable by up to twelve months in confinement and up to a $1,000.00 fine. In some instances, a misdemeanor may be classified as high and aggravated, which means the maximum penalty that could be imposed by a judge is up to twelve months in confinement and up to a $5,000.00 fine. Certain traffic infractions, thefts, drug possession, and domestic violence incidents may be accused as a misdemeanor.
  • Felony - The maximum penalty for a felony varies by charge. A felony is treated more severely in the criminal justice system than a county ordinance or misdemeanor offense. Generally, the minimum sentence for a felony is one year. The maximum sentence a felony could carry is life without parole or death.

If you or a loved one is accused of a charge(s), contact us now to schedule a consultation to discuss your legal matter.

Record Restriction (formerly known as Expungement)

Have you ever...

  • Been arrested for a criminal charge that was not prosecuted, dismissed, or submitted to the dead docket?
  • Convicted of a misdemeanor before you turned 21 years old?
  • Sentenced under O.C.G.A. § 16-13-2, the Conditional Discharge Act for a drug offense or offense related to a drug addiction?
  • Exercised your constitutional right to have a trial and were found not guilty by a judge or a jury?

If you answered yes to any of these questions,

you may qualify for a record restriction. A record restriction (formerly known as expungement) means certain incidents listed on your criminal history report may be eligible for restriction from public view.  Contact us now for help with this process.

Family Law 

Children, family, marriage are all invaluable, precious gifts in life. Unfortunately, issues may arise that can only be resolved through the legal process.

I am sensitive to the emotional toil that comes with matters of the heart. Let me help you navigate the legal process. If you are considering one of the following legal avenues:

  • Child Support
  • Child Custody
  • Divorce
  • Legitimation
  • Modification

Schedule your consultation today at (706) 589 - 9530.